Wednesday 28 September 2011

Fan input: best players

Part one of three.
As is quite obvious now, I’m always interested in what other fans have to say – whether that be my fellow Bees, or supporters of League 2 in general. After having to do my greatest ever starting XI and subs for the programme last season (which you can of course read here), I was interested in seeing who others would include in theirs. The thing is, I think, trying to pick a squad of 11, which is a lot harder than just naming the best players you have seen play. So I decided upon removing a player from my initial line-up and asking others for their best 10 players of all time. To me, this was really interesting, as although I have been going to watch Barnet play since the age of four, there were so many names I had completely forgotten about (and others I couldn’t physically remember for being too young!).
I’m surprised with the response I got, which of course I am very grateful for. There were well over 50 players shortlisted and because of so many players tied with the same amount of votes, I’ve had to change the results to a ‘best 20’.
So, according to my fellow Barnet fans, the best ever 20 players to play for the club are:
1          Giuliano Grazioli
2          Dougie Freedman
=          Lee Harrison
4          Albert Adomah
=          Nicky Bailey
=          Gary Bull
=          Linvoy Primus
=          Jason Puncheon
=          Maik Taylor
10        Andy Clarke
=          Simon King
12        Darren Currie
=          Liam Hatch
=          Ian Hendon
=          Kenny Lowe
=          Gary Phillips
17        Sean Devine
=          Paul Showler
=          Dean Sinclair
20        Scott McGleish
Part two will continue tomorrow, and will see the ‘most popular’ players to put on the black and amber shirt.
I’d like to also say a massive thank you to everyone that helped me out with both posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment